Sign in to follow this  
dogpark

Chat is gone!

I took a look at fixing the Chat window... there wasn't any hope of making it work. The add on software that enabled it has become so expensive that it doesn't make sense to keep it around and there really is no other chat app available as a plug-in to IPB. I'll keep looking. This was the first time in over a year and a half that I've looked at anything behind the scenes here and it all looks like a foreign language to me and I can't find anything that looks like what it used to. I may have some time in the future to look at things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Given how dead it is.... I wouldn't spend too much time on it... (*cough* I haven't updated "member banners in 2 years.. *cough*)

Too bad most everyone went to Facepage, when we have everything we want right here.

On 4/3/2021 at 11:36 PM, stiffneck said:

Too bad most everyone went to Facepage, when we have everything we want right here.https://www.facebook.com/groups/125440149235

I thought about this statement and ... well you really don't have everything right here...

(1) There is not good security. This sight has been hacked so many times and the cost and time and effort to make it secure would be pretty high.

(2) People want to connect with their other friends and groups outside of STLAR and you can't do that easily here. You can belong to other groups and motorcyclists and invite them to join the STLAR FB page easily.

(3) You can host live vids and chats on FB etc... can't do that here.

(4) There is both private and public group chat.

(5) And well it's free.

Granted, some people aren't comfortable being on FB ... but you never have to post anything and only have to look at the STLAR FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/125440149235