Sign in to follow this  
jixxerjon

blaster update

Josh made it through his first surgery last nite to repair a damaged artery in his right arm. We got the actual injurie report from the surgeon last night at about 2:00 a.m. Broken collar bone"requires plates and screws" Broken scapula"came thrugh the skin" Broken left wrist"requires pins" Bruised lungs, fractured right knee"Doc's not too concerned." 3 of 4 ligaments in left Knee torn off "requires surgery" Pretty bad nerve damage in right shoulder and arm Doc's will see what all is damaged and what can be fixed, could possibly loose mobility, hope not. Severe road rash across chest and shoulder,"been sewn up and cleaned out last night. He's got a long road ahead and a few more surguries but he's gonna make it ok. Just keep praying and thinking about him. He needs it now. Thank's Guys!

Wow, even with all of those injuries, it sounds like he's extremely lucky. Was he wearing any other gear besides a helmet? Keep us informed Jon, thanks.

Just an opinion of mine. I've noticed alot of people who drive 4 wheel vehicles that only check for other 4 wheeled vehicles. They are oblivious to motorcycles on the rode. If I have learned anything from this board is the importance of gear. Nevertheless my thoughts and prayers are with him.

Everybody be safe. The driver didn't even see Josh and pulled out directly in front of him, he wasn't riding too fast, he tried to brake and just didn't have time to get out of the way.

REMEMBER most people in cars don't look for us or see us some times, while this wasn't avoidable, just please everyone watch out it's warm there's alot of people and the roads are crowded, everyones in a hurry, please be safe.

Quote from Blaster while at AMH "It's a shame I had to go through all of this to take my first helicopter ride", So he is in good spirits, everyone please keep in your hearts.

He is in Barnes hospital in the 8th floor ICU. It will be at least a couple of weeks before he can have visitors other than a select few...they're planning on doing another surgery tomorrow to fix his clavicle and his shoulder blade. The shoulder blade was broken in half, half of it shattered, and the other half was completely exposed. So they are going to put the plate in to repair that. And they will possibly work on his wrist while he's in there. We saw him this evening, he's still very upset... and in pain, of course, not sure if he'll ever ride again. But both he and his girlfriend Jaime (and all of us, for that matter) want you all to know how much we appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers. We will be printing out these pages to take to the hospital and read to him. We're going back tomorrow, so we'll keep you all posted as we know more. Thanks again to you all!

Thanks for the update Jon. Was there an "at fault" driver in this? And also, can you pm me the ICU room #.

Josh, if you read this, this is Big Mike. Very sorry to hear about your accident bro, that sounds terrible. We are all pulling for your complete and quick recovery. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please let us know if there is anything that you need or that we can do for you. that is one definate thing about this club, we are always there for one another, especially at times like this. heal up quick bro.

Holy crap! I was out of town in Indy and a friend called me today an told me about this happing outside his shop in Moro and all I could think about is "I hope it isn't any one I know". Jon I'll be calling you tomorrow to find out more and Josh hang in there buddy.

Jon,

God that is so horrible! Allen and I are here if you need anything at all call us! Pass on our support to Jamie, she has got to be shaken up. I am just so shocked! Let us know when we can come up to see him,

take care!

Thanks for the update Jon. Was there an "at fault" driver in this? And also, can you pm me the ICU room #.

The other Driver was found at fault. He pulled out directly in front of Josh. Josh had just a second or two, to hit the back brake and left a short skid, but he had nowhere to go.

Everyone Ride Safe.

Josh...my new found friend....what can I say...but that I was, and still am, devastated to find out the horrifying news about your accident. I've been around for 42 years...and every once in a great while you meet someone who you know from the "get go" is just a good friend without even trying. You are one of those rare finds! As soon as the staff at Barnes will let folks other than immediate family up to see you I will be there to visit you. I have spoken to Josh several times...he has assured me that he will pass along all of our good wishes for your speedy recovery. Until we get to meet again....keep up the faith...and know that you are in all of our prayers. You will be back to your old self again, just be patient.

Gods speed, in your recovery!

Ernie (Brigg)

Hope you heal quick :!:

Best of luck to a seepdy and safe recover. Our prays and thoughts go out to you.

UPDATE* Josh is doing real good he had his second surgery today and everything came out fine. We did print out everyones post and read them to him. JOSH says "Thank you all, so much".

They are moving him in and out of ICU so often, we really don't know when he'll be in a regular room and they will allow all visitors, but as soon as it's possible one of us will let you all know. I know he's up for any company that can come and wish him well.

He remembers alot of the accident and even alot of things from right after. He told me he could sware the driver seen him and was waiting, then he just pulled in front of him. I didn't put this in to scorn cars or anything, but hope that it will make us think, I've been in that in situation thousands of times and truthfully you never know what the other guy is thinking.

He's got a long rode ahead, but if anybody has the spirit to get through it, we all know it's Josh.

That is good news to hear. Often when riding in town i find myself using my brights even during the day...ive have my share of close encounters just as well im sure everyone has. Sad to see anyone go down. He remains in my prayers.

Thats right im fat...i need the extra 36cc's

:lol::lol::lol::lol: