Sign in to follow this  
tstruyk

Uh oh...

So I pull the bike apart last night to prep it for the new fairing stay, frame sliders, repaired plastic... swap wheels etc...

Apparently from the looks of my front wheel in relationship to the steering column one of 3 things has happened.

1. Fork tubes are bent

2. Trips are bent

3. Its supposed to look crooked

So my question is this, if its the tubes can they be straightened? I can replace the trips, but I leave for Barber tomorrow AM... do i have any options? LMS will be at Barber so repairs are possible... any thoughts?

Oh yeah, and does anyone near St Charles have a swing arm stand without spools that i could borrow for an evening? my spools snapped off and I am picking up the replacements at Barber. When we finished the bathroom in the basement my standard swing arm brackets got misplaced by the wifey...

tim

I have a stand you can use Tim.

Hopefully it isn't the fork tubes that are bent. That would suck.

Try loosening the bolts on the tripple clamps and realigning everything. Sometimes you get lucky and things only get moved around not bent. Worst case, if the tripples are bent, realign everything the best you can, then put the front wheel straight, then adjust your clipons to align straight with the wheel. Not the best thing, but it will get you through a race week (or two... don't ask how I know! :) )

I have a stand you can borrow, but I'm in Fairview Heights, Il. I'm right at 64 and 157, just off 255, if that fits into any plans or driving routes. I'll be here late to so time soesn't really matter. I sent you my email if I can help.

I have a stand you can use Tim.

Hopefully it isn't the fork tubes that are bent. That would suck.

Try loosening the bolts on the tripple clamps and realigning everything. Sometimes you get lucky and things only get moved around not bent. Worst case, if the tripples are bent, realign everything the best you can, then put the front wheel straight, then adjust your clipons to align straight with the wheel. Not the best thing, but it will get you through a race week (or two... don't ask how I know! :) )

I will more than likely be calling ya... you doin anything tonight? I got some beer and a bike that needs some TLC! Even if its just instructional it would help me out.. i think I follow what you mean but would rather have someone there to confirm what I am doing.

I'm headed over to St. Louis later this afternoon, so if you need that stand brought over, I can throw it in the beater truck and bring it with me to meet up with you somewhere...

you coming anywhere near st charles?

if not dont sweat it, I'l probably pick up collin and use his.

you coming anywhere near st charles?

if not dont sweat it, I'l probably pick up collin and use his.

I'm going as far as Clayton....

appreciate the offer! I'll let you know if something changes

appreciate the offer! I'll let you know if something changes

No sweat....:D

Hey drrty, if your coming as far as Lake St. Louis, pick me up 10 shrimp, big elwood, and a chik-o-stick. :lol:

Hey drrty, if your coming as far as Lake St. Louis, pick me up 10 shrimp, big elwood, and a chik-o-stick. :lol:

I am eating lunch up there today, but they don't let anyone do carryouts, and I ain't wearing anything with pockets big enough for that damn Elwood....LOL

If your in the st. charles area for lunch, check out the duchesne bar and grill, exact same menu, and never a line. Same prices also.

(Mmmmmm $.29 shrimp)

O

o

o

BC01HomerPreview240.jpg

If your in the st. charles area for lunch, check out the duchesne bar and grill, exact same menu, and never a line. Same prices also.

(Mmmmmm $.29 shrimp)

I ate there last Thursday or Friday....was pretty good. I can't eat shrimp, though, I'm allergic. Doing Fast Eddie's today, then going to Clayton to look at a Mercedes playtoy....:D

going to Clayton to look at a Mercedes playtoy....:D

I'm thinking you have a second job with all the stuff you look at and talk about buying.

I'm thinking you have a second job with all the stuff you look at and talk about buying.

Yep, I do. I also did very well when I was in racing. :D

key words, look and talk.

not do.

key words, look and talk.

not do.

:roll:

Don't be bitter. Someday you'll pay off all your sh!t and be able to buy some more toys. :D :D :D :D