gonecrazy

THE WHATEVER THREAD

It's real. There's a black and white version as well. Basically replace the red with white.  They released their Spring 2018 line up the other day.

I bet this guy can walk, chew gum, pat his head, rub his stomach, and recite poetry all at the same time.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, crash said:

27983198_1870012713073977_17959727982522

Need to frame this for country store.  I could carry it down in my trunk.

How much trouble would I get into if I put some cones in an empty parking lot and have a youngster practice? :)

Any such lots that are not 'monitored' constantly in St. Charles?

I've done it multiple times in the local high school parking lot during the weekend and never been bothered. Your mileage may vary, though.

Also, cut-in-half tennis balls make excellent moto-cones if you don't have any already.

I have orange cones - small ones but the tennis balls are not a bad idea especially if he rides over them.

I think the St. Charles community college offers the MSF course, they may have a lot where they run the courses. If so, they may have the practice courses already painted on the lot. The college where I took my MSF course had all the different drills/courses painted on the parking lot - the "box", turns, corners, braking lanes, etc.

I think the college rent a cops would bother me more than a school parking lot

Can't speak to that; the lot where I took the MSF was pretty remote in relation to buildings on campus so I only saw the local security once in the handful of times I used the lot for practice. They didn't bother me. I would assume they know the lot is used for MSF and figured I was just there practicing. There were no other cars on the lot so the only thing I could damage was myself/my bike.

I think that's how SIUE was but the CC nearby has less parking but I will look.

Go try the Family Arena parking lot. They are usually empty unless there is some event there that day. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bud said:

Go try the Family Arena parking lot. They are usually empty unless there is some event there that day. 

Close to us. I thought about that one first. I'm sure worst case is 'you're not allowed to do that here'.

Pretty sure the DMV has a lot where they do the motorcycle test for licenses. Not sure they let people practice on them, but you have to practice somewhere.

Also they do drills in the big lot at Big St Charles as well. Not sure if they would let you section off a part of it for practicing. They do like to sell bikes there so... It's better if people know how to ride the bikes they sell. ;)

I think they do the MSF there too but he's too young to do that - At least until September.

my suggestion would be to find a empty parking lot of a business, say like a industrial park near you on a weekend.  As long as there arent any no trespassing (or similiar) signs posted, you are good to go unless the owners of the property (or their security) show up and tell you to leave. 

Unless your son is vandalizing the property or drinking alcohol or crossing over into the public roadway while operating any motor vehicle....a leo cannot do anything except call the owners of the property and ask them if he can kick you guys off.  That would be the extreme though, obviously being polite and explaining what your doing, more than likely a leo who approaches you will tell you to be safe and have a good day.  :headbang:

Sunday morning at shopping mall.  

Just now, GSXR55 said:

Sunday morning at shopping mall.  

That's rent-a-cop central :)

Did you not watch Mall Cop?

Just now, crash said:

St Joes State Park.

On a CBR 250? :)

Learning on the dirt is a good way to go , and it's fun.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Speed said:

That's rent-a-cop central :)

Did you not watch Mall Cop?

They can't write tickets and don't think they would call the cops. Go at 8 in the morning. 

• Upvote 1

I'd vote family arena. They do scca events there so it must be big and wide open. I doubt it's highly patrolled at all times. 

4 hours ago, mangosmoothie said:

I'd vote family arena. They do scca events there so it must be big and wide open. I doubt it's highly patrolled at all times. 

Seems like there's always employees in the front parking lot but I might try that.