Jump to content
gonecrazy

THE WHATEVER THREAD

Recommended Posts

I taught my buddy to ride in an empty parking lot. The cops showed up and asked us to leave. The worst that happened was that the cop told him to get rid of that bike and get a harley if he really wanted to learn how to ride. My understanding is that you can't get in trouble on a private parking lot unless they have no trespassing signs or ask you to leave and you don't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Speed said:

On a CBR 250? :)

I would say bring him out here to Augusta and let me get him a town permit and he'll be able to drive around here in town no problems. During the week, no cops at all, anytime of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joker_PaPa said:

I would say bring him out here to Augusta and let me get him a town permit and he'll be able to drive around here in town no problems. During the week, no cops at all, anytime of the day.

What's a town permit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 5 dollar permit that farmers use for their gators. My son got one for his 80cc when he was 14. However, that was 12 years ago. I'll make sure I can still get one tomorrow if need be. Bonus, I'll clear out a spot in the shop if you don't want to trailer it back and forth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joker_PaPa said:

A 5 dollar permit that farmers use for their gators. My son got one for his 80cc when he was 14. However, that was 12 years ago. I'll make sure I can still get one tomorrow if need be. Bonus, I'll clear out a spot in the shop if you don't want to trailer it back and forth. 

I will start with a parking lot and then we can look at that option. That would be a good option to get used to traffic but he'll have ample time to do that after the MSF course anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a plan. Both Kim and I started in the winery and school parking lots, then did MSF through St Charles. Excellent course BTW. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Aodrn said:

I taught my buddy to ride in an empty parking lot. The cops showed up and asked us to leave. The worst that happened was that the cop told him to get rid of that bike and get a harley if he really wanted to learn how to ride. My understanding is that you can't get in trouble on a private parking lot unless they have no trespassing signs or ask you to leave and you don't. 

 

Or just practice on a Harley and do whatever you want. :D

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2018 at 7:56 AM, GSXR55 said:

Sunday morning at shopping mall.  

Here in Missouru, Blue laws were lifted back in the 1980's. The stores will all be open on Sunday, just like any other day :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The food was good and it was nice getting out, but this place is just not the same not wearing boots and leather:)

IMG_1721.JPG

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch out ;-)

IMG_20180218_095030899.jpg

IMG_20180218_095046508.jpg

  • Like 10
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Speed said:

Watch out ;-)

IMG_20180218_095030899.jpg

IMG_20180218_095046508.jpg

I make a motion that he be made a member of the club immediately, and since he's been hanging around longer than a year, no dues-free first year!  I miss a meeting and you make me Treasurer in absentia, so no more Mr. Nice Guy!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL. He can't even ride legally yet... Can't be a member that can't ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t recall reading that rule anywhere. :D

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Texas crude, although not as much came out as last time.

ACE4E9E3-00EC-4397-9F86-A1052F5AC258.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Speed said:

LOL. He can't even ride legally yet... Can't be a member that can't ride.

That hasn’t stopped others before :rolleyes:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, stiffneck said:

Texas crude, although not as much came out as last time.

ACE4E9E3-00EC-4397-9F86-A1052F5AC258.jpeg

You keep saying that you’re getting a new truck. That truck still looks familiar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Speed said:

LOL. He can't even ride legally yet... Can't be a member that can't ride.

 

We used to have a member that was with us for over a year who could not ride "legally". What makes this any different??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jjester said:

 

We used to have a member that was with us for over a year who could not ride "legally". What makes this any different??

Don't we also have a minimum age limit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Speed said:

Don't we also have a minimum age limit?

Rules, we do have any Stinking Rules!!

 

But, it's okay if you do not want him associating with us. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jjester said:

Rules, we do have any Stinking Rules!!

 

But, it's okay if you do not want him associating with us. :(

Oh, I have no issue with that but I do not want to overstep or assume anything by saying yes.

He likes the club and when I told him what Mike posted, he was excited.

I am for it if a poll shows that is okay and it doesn't violate any rules / bylaws and doesn't piss off anyone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll have to start watching my language. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, crash said:

I'll have to start watching my language. :)

Yeah... you're the one I would worry about in this club with the language :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×