gonecrazy

THE WHATEVER THREAD

My lift parts one day and now my helmet the next!

IMG_1785.JPG

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Morbo said:

I really don't get the mindset of sales people... I just need to get an answer on one question before pulling the trigger on this FZ-10. I'm pretty much at a "shut up and take my money" mode at this point given how great a deal he was offering. The sales guy has completely blown me off since Saturday. No reply to email or voice mail. I've called him a few times and conveniently go straight to VM every time - it's winter, it's been bad weather this week, I highly doubt a motorsports dealership is that busy. My assumption is he can't/won't sell to me at the price he originally quoted and is hoping I just go away. Either way, it was a professional colleague of his (and friend of a relative to me) who put us together so he is making himself look bad to his friend/colleague as well as making the dealership look bad. At this point, if this goes down the way I'm expecting, I'll gladly have no issue steering people away from the dealership. "Friend price" or not, there's still a level of customer service maintain.

</rant>

The salesman has to get the price from a sales manager to begin with. Call the place and ask to speak with the GM or sales manager and tell him whats going on.If things work out thwn you can ask to work with another sales person if you don’t want to deal with the original guy.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 2/19/2018 at 3:20 PM, stiffneck said:

It is, but it's days are numbered...

I had a car back in high school that did this everytime I got out of it in the school's parking lot... I miss that car...

7 hours ago, natnaz said:

The salesman has to get the price from a sales manager to begin with. Call the place and ask to speak with the GM or sales manager and tell him whats going on.If things work out thwn you can ask to work with another sales person if you don’t want to deal with the original guy.

I would, but he was supposedly giving me a "friend" price because a friend of a relative asked him about a good price for an FZ-10 on my behalf. If I call because of his crappy service and the sales guy gets in trouble, I don't want it getting back to the relative's friend. 

46 minutes ago, Morbo said:

I would, but he was supposedly giving me a "friend" price because a friend of a relative asked him about a good price for an FZ-10 on my behalf. If I call because of his crappy service and the sales guy gets in trouble, I don't want it getting back to the relative's friend. 

As a salesman if he is not getting back to you then that's his fault and he must not think that you are a serious buyer. Like Nate said call up and speak to the Sales Manager don't even give them the name. Just tell them that you were in and a salesman told you a price but you don't want to go through the salesman anymore. And if they honor that price they will sell it as a house deal and cut out all the salesmen and whatever commission that he would have earned. This will solidify that you didn't name any names and you still get the deal on your terms. The best part is when that salesman sees your name on the deal he will feel like a moron for not taking 1 minute to make a call. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Nate and Bud. I was thinking about driving to the dealership tomorrow and not give the guy a chance to ignore me. But I'm confrontational like that. I may try calling first to see what the sales manager thinks. Dealership is a bit of a drive so I'd be giving up a good deal of time just there and back.

In one of the opening scenes a guy was dumping dust out of a skull. I couldn't help but think "I wish I could do that".

17 minutes ago, crash said:

In one of the opening scenes a guy was dumping dust out of a skull. I couldn't help but think "I wish I could do that".

Be an archaeologist?

No, I just want to be able to dump the dust out of my own skull. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crash said:

No, I just want to be able to dump the dust out of my own skull. :)

Why? Does it make you cough or causes allergies? :lol:

The compressed air in both ears works for me when I feel like that. Clears it all up.

On 2/20/2018 at 9:43 PM, Dippnet said:

Finally got this lift all together and I think I'm going to like it.  So far it works well.:D

IMG_1770.JPG

Sorry if you already posted it, but what lift did you get?

On 2/12/2018 at 11:31 AM, OhNoItsBonnie! said:

Looks like this happened a couple days ago. Shame for somebody to lose their life over road rage.  But its looking like the guy pulled over, got out of his car and started wailing on her.  If thats the case then I have no sympathy for him and hope her life doesnt get wrecked by the legal system

https://www.google.com/amp/abc13.com/amp/motorcyclist-kills-driver-in-road-rage-incident-police-say/3058100/

377996-a68de004d651b0ce35e9095937213bb7.jpg

downloadfile.png

downloadfile-1.png

KIRO7 learned that the woman on the bike is Aubrey (T) Bowlin, who troopers said is 23 years old. She was detained at the scene last night and then released.

She seems to have a go fund me page.
https://www.gofundme.com/Aubrey-Taylers-Support-Fund#updates

20 minutes ago, jjester said:

KIRO7 learned that the woman on the bike is Aubrey (T) Bowlin, who troopers said is 23 years old. She was detained at the scene last night and then released.

She seems to have a go fund me page.
https://www.gofundme.com/Aubrey-Taylers-Support-Fund#updates

supposebly theres dashcam footage from the car of the guy she deceased.  Could be interesting when the facts and details came out.  being in the middle of rush hour traffic I'm sure there was lots of witnesses too

7 minutes ago, OhNoItsBonnie! said:

supposebly theres dashcam footage from the car of the guy she deceased.  Could be interesting when the facts and details came out.  being in the middle of rush hour traffic I'm sure there was lots of witnesses too

From the info I'm seeing she is not getting charged by the state.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jjester said:

From the info I'm seeing she is not getting charged by the state.

thats good (at least I hope its good):(

kinda reminds me of this old sayin...

monkey on the ark.jpg

• Like 1

What has 2 thumbs and just put down a deposit on one o' these:

2017-yamaha-fz-10-ab9t8826.jpg

CEV4HJMWIAAL3nA.jpg

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

But she wouldn't even let you have a grom!?! I think you will be happy with that one. ;)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, yzfr6i said:

@Morbo Very nice!  Are you keeping the CBR?

Nope... CBR is going.

31 minutes ago, crash said:

But she wouldn't even let you have a grom!?! I think you will be happy with that one. ;)

Yeah, this puts a dent in my plans for a Grom. It'll happen, just probably have to wait awhile longer. :)

4 hours ago, Morbo said:

What has 2 thumbs and just put down a deposit on one o' these:

2017-yamaha-fz-10-ab9t8826.jpg

CEV4HJMWIAAL3nA.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!!! #wantone #envious

Nice Jason can't wait to see you!

• Like 1