gonecrazy

THE WHATEVER THREAD

Rode to work today. First ride of the year for the hurricane. The only carbed bike in the family. 

Kinda inspiring when your new to learning to ride a motorcycle with a little bit of skill...and a 30 year old bike that you initially thought would be a horrible candidate for curves and handling because of its weight and old technology... then later realise is capable of much much more than you ever thought it could be🤔

And probably more capable than I'll ever be in the future😉

What a blast leaning over on this thing and letting it dig-in

20180608_091257.jpg

• Like 2

I feel the same way about my speed triple. Its outdated compared to the fj, but still more capable in certain aspects. I also think the Triumph has a soul that the fj lacks. 

• Upvote 2

I also will admit its nice not having to deal with a choke during warm up on the fi bikes.  Ahh the little things in life we get spoiled by🤔

3 hours ago, OhNoItsBonnie! said:

I also will admit its nice not having to deal with a choke during warm up on the fi bikes.  Ahh the little things in life we get spoiled by🤔

Choke is PIA!  in cold can take 10+ min for Nighthawk to warm up.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OhNoItsBonnie! said:

Note to self....

Dont mess with lions.

Some of these take-downs are just uncanny😲

To any prospective members of this riders group: this was all filmed on the way to Bixby where we ride... Come ride with us; bring plenty of ammo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Lol!

The next time one of them things air-drops down on me (0:52)...I swear.. will be done with bixby rides!:rolling:

6 hours ago, OhNoItsBonnie! said:

Lol!

The next time one of them things air-drops down on me (0:52)...I swear.. will be done with bixby rides!:rolling:

Yup, that would do it for me too!

This is neither motorcycle nor Bixby related but let me tell you this guy redefines the whole tortoise and hare thing.  I went about nudging him with my foot and he took off running.  I figured he'd pull inside his shell so was totally startling!  Never had any notion that a turtle could run.  Apparently is a soft-shell which I never heard of either (why bother having a shell, right?)

20180613_194836_1528937451043~2.jpg

Well.. maybe he's an older turtle and his shell has a hard time stiffening up when it's "go time." :D

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Morbo said:

Well.. maybe he's an older turtle and his shell has a hard time stiffening up when it's "go time." :D

Good point but the running thing makes me wonder?

Glad these neighbors are NOT moving back in anytime soon LOL

6396FEC7-DA1B-4444-8E48-1BA24ABDF3C2.jpeg

• Upvote 2

@stiffneck What the hell happened? Did the house blow up or was it just torn down? Very confused about what I am seeing in the picture?

13 hours ago, stiffneck said:

Glad these neighbors are NOT moving back in anytime soon LOL

6396FEC7-DA1B-4444-8E48-1BA24ABDF3C2.jpeg

Goddammit, if I have to testify in court because of this I'm going to be heckin' pissed.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, reed12b said:

@stiffneck What the hell happened? Did the house blow up or was it just torn down? Very confused about what I am seeing in the picture?

Being torn down 😛 It started 11 years ago when I got the Health department to condemn it. Building Inspection department is useless 😡

5E05F0BA-4F99-482F-946A-38E01E664869.jpeg

Anyone familiar with property law? Been trying to buy it, but owners won’t sell. The owners have always paid property taxes and fines and the ci-tay is good with that.

3D26C650-41AE-4289-82CC-DD9B8DADDC25.jpeg

Is it in foreclosure -what other leans are on it? Not that i really know what im talking anout its just that I dove in to a few like that and forgot more mistakes then i remember. Ps ill be in the sticks in Idaho way out of phone and internet coverage for 4 days. If you want you can PM me after that and maybe i can help?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, natnaz said:

Preach it brother!!!! I have been touting Nick Ienatsch "Sport Riding Techniques"  since I read it back in 2008... It's available in the St. Louis County Library system... People will always come back with Lee Parks Total Control ... yeah those techniques will help you with control of your bike but if you want to maintain control of your bike but mostly about not "over riding" or pushing your bike. Then they'll come at you with Pridmore way or Twist of the Wrist and they are great too... Twist is awesome but if you really want to understand the math and physics ... get "Sport Riding Techniques" ,  I read it every year at Christmas time ...

sportride.jpg

• Like 2

If you think you're having a bad day, try having your Hurcan Performante burnt to the ground because a mini van pulled off with the pump still in it's tank.

IMG_1500.PNG.2ac908c505cd7ee80728a555daa42381.PNG

Sorry, I didn't realize the above post's pic was so fuzzy. 

The jist of it is a young man I've known for years had a bad wreck. A car pulled out in front of him and we all know how that ended. This event is a bikini bike wash (No JJ, you don't have to wear yours. Matter of fact, please don't) in Washington Mo this Saturday. Sorry, I deleted the clearer picture of this and all I can tell you is that it is on east 5th from noon until 8pm.

If you find yourself out this way on Saturday, stop . I'll be there sometime after 3:30... Work.