gonecrazy

THE WHATEVER THREAD

19 hours ago, yzfr6i said:

It's funny because it's true.

• Upvote 2

On 12/28/2018 at 9:04 AM, dogpark said:

It's funny because it's true.

I get up at 0500 and sometimes we have to work in the rain/snow. The 30year olds have a hissy fit :lol::rolleyes:

• Like 1

Age appropriate for 58 year old? 

• Upvote 1

Who misses this!

IMG_0086.PNG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Crap.... I just realized, I need to create the 2019 member badges. I'll try not to make them look like bandaids this time, okay @Speed? :D

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Morbo said:

Crap.... I just realized, I need to create the 2019 member badges. I'll try not to make them look like bandaids this time, okay @Speed? :D

You remembered? Thank you 😁

• Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 11:52 PM, natnaz said:

Who misses this!

IMG_0086.PNG

I've been watching past races to get my fix. The Sepang test is the 6th,7th & 8th of this month. :headbang: I'm really excited to see and hear a group of the new Triumph 765's. 

The new RC213V looks like the size of a 600 marc_alcarras-11.big.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Gave my boss a V-day gift - a resignation letter; starting a new job in a few weeks... she asked if there was anything she could do to get me to stay, Barry White music started playing... she smiled coyly and brushed the papers across her desk.... or that was just a movie I saw once in college.

and I gave my bike a V-day gift...

W1APgEA.jpg

Looking forward to doing a couple of weekend trips this year now that I'll have the luggage to carry all my crap.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Had a good time on a T120 bonneville around Oahu. Great bike for it. Was planning on a Harley Fat Bob but it was gone, as was the Thurxton R. No regrets though. Weather wad beautiful and I think the bonneville was the better bike for the loop. Still might try a fat bob if I can book it

0302191144_HDR.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

On 3/2/2019 at 8:18 PM, mangosmoothie said:

Had a good time on a T120 bonneville around Oahu. Great bike for it. Was planning on a Harley Fat Bob but it was gone, as was the Thurxton R. No regrets though. Weather wad beautiful and I think the bonneville was the better bike for the loop. Still might try a fat bob if I can book it

0302191144_HDR.jpg

Nice!  I'd like to ride one of those!  That was one of the bikes I was considering when I bought my z900rs👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OhNoItsBonnie! said:

Nice!  I'd like to ride one of those!  That was one of the bikes I was considering when I bought my z900rs👍

After my short day on it, I think you made the right choice. I liked the Bonnie, but I didn't love it. It didn't really do anything well. The motor was a bit lazy. It wasn't super torquey but it also didn't really want to rev. I think redline is 7k. It felt like it was restricted. I wish the Thruxton or Speed Twin were in stock. I think the extra ~20 hp and couple hundered more rpms from the hotter cams and tuning those have would make an appreciable difference. The brakes also seemed lacking, but who knows the maintenance these get. Never got on anything twisty so I have no idea how it handles, but it didn't feel super flickable. Seems like it'd be a good motorcycle for someone that wanted something very easy and relaxing to ride, and didn't care much about power. 

• Upvote 1

I just got done watching The Flying Dutchmen on Amazon prime. Really good road trip motorcycle documentaries movie.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 7:17 AM, natnaz said:

I just got done watching The Flying Dutchmen on Amazon prime. Really good road trip motorcycle documentaries movie.

I'm gonna run right out and get a Janus motorcycle... NOT

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janus_Motorcycles

• Upvote 1

I think a few fellow riders have had a Matt or satin color bikes. I was wondering how you guys clean and protect the finish. Thanks 

6 hours ago, natnaz said:

I think a few fellow riders have had a Matt or satin color bikes. I was wondering how you guys clean and protect the finish. Thanks 

I don't wash my bikes but I do clean them once in a while. For the matte finish on the ZX10, I use a matte detailer, like this one.

Chemical Guys SPI_995_16 Meticulous Matte Detailer and Spray Sealant (16 oz) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FQHY64S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_D8ARCb2XYG70T

• Upvote 2

Ahhh I guess this is finally dead!

WTG, Blues!

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 9:29 PM, natnaz said:

I just use glass plus and a soft clean rag if its not too dirty, otherwise its out with the soap and water, course thats what I do on all my bikes finishes.  I dont kno if there really is a specific best way to clean matte finish

• Upvote 1

On 6/12/2019 at 7:05 AM, dogpark said:

Ahhh I guess this is finally dead!

I'm still kickin, and riding more than ever but have been doing my own thing when I can since I've had a lot of life happen in the last few months.  The girl you saw me with at bsc ended up buying a new 19 ninja 400 for 4800 otd  and is very happy with it so far.  Surprising to me as her mind had been set on a gsxr 600 for awhile.   I bout flipped when u said you where looking at Indians. You decide on a bike yet?