gonecrazy

THE WHATEVER THREAD

March 25, 2020

Ex-AMA Superbike Champ Mat Mladin Accused Of Child Sex Crimes

© 2020, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc. By David Swarts.

Mat Mladin, circa 2005. Photo by David Swarts.

By David Swarts

Seven-time AMA Superbike Champion Mat Mladin has been arrested and accused of four child sex offenses in Australia, according to an article published March 25 at DailyTelegraph.com, the online presence of Sydney, Australia’s largest newspaper.

According to author Daniel McGookin, Mladin, age 48, has been charged with sexual intercourse with a child under the age of 10, two counts of intentionally carrying out a sex act on a child under 10, and one count of intentionally inciting a child to perform a sex act.

After a lengthy investigation, according to the article, Mladin was taken into custody on March 13 and spent days in jail before he was released on $50,000 bail and had to surrender his passport.

The matter is being handled in Campbelltown Local Court, in New South Wales, Australia.

Read the entire article behind a paywall HERE

Mladin’s court case number is 2020/00081386. Online court records under that case number refer to a court appearance Mladin made via videolink March 25th Australian time.

In recent years, Mladin has returned to racing as a team owner, fielding Max Croker in the Australian Supersport and then Superbike National Championships under the Mladin Racing banner.

Mladin’s Facebook page, which appeared to have been the source for some of the photos used in the DailyTelegraph.com article, has been taken down.

• Sad 2

Just gonna go ahead and say Merry Christmas, etc. to everyone, and given the lack of recent comments, Happy Birthday to EVERYONE! 

Days are getting longer!  Let's ride to Bixby again soon! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, GSXR55 said:

Just gonna go ahead and say Merry Christmas, etc. to everyone, and given the lack of recent comments, Happy Birthday to EVERYONE! 

Days are getting longer!  Let's ride to Bixby again soon! 

Sounds good. Merry Christmas to you too. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wow... I don't come here often enough.... made a long as post on Facebook today and linked the forum in it... Be interesting to see if there is any activity.

• Upvote 2

Just now, dogpark said:

One read in 20 days

This site is dying. Almost everyone that wanted to keep the site and not move to FB is not contributing. Add to that the fact that some of us are getting into other things and motorcycles are not all-consuming of our time, and there even less incentive to sign in. Jason, Evan, JJ and I use the PM feature for MotoGP but that's it in the last year I think.

• Sad 1

Happy February to everyone. 😃

• Upvote 2

Hey, good to see someone posting on the site! 

• Upvote 1

Is Winter over yet?

Has anyone been down F since the tornado. My wife and I drove down it the other week, and the damage is crazy. The trees look like someone came through with a giant lawnmower and just mowed off the top halves. You'll have a house that has heavy damage and the house across the street looks like nothing ever happened.  The funny thing is, I've never noticed that there is a street that comes out in the middle of the corner where the nursury is. Up on that road is where several houses were hit.

• Sad 1

On 2/13/2022 at 2:04 PM, yzfr6i said:

Has anyone been down F since the tornado. My wife and I drove down it the other week, and the damage is crazy. The trees look like someone came through with a giant lawnmower and just mowed off the top halves. You'll have a house that has heavy damage and the house across the street looks like nothing ever happened.  The funny thing is, I've never noticed that there is a street that comes out in the middle of the corner where the nursury is. Up on that road is where several houses were hit.

ouch!

• Sad 1

I just noticed my message from the site were getting dropped into spam. :(

• Confused 2

If we keep this up we're going to revive the website.   Funny thing is... This is the thread everyone wanted to get rid of.

• Haha 1

On 2/16/2022 at 7:12 PM, yzfr6i said:

If we keep this up we're going to revive the webite.   Funny thing is... This is the thread everyone wanted to get rid of.

It's still the thread I want to get rid of.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

You just can't do this with Facebook...

Screenshot_20220412-071352.jpg

• Haha 1