BikeNightSTL.com

6/4: Thursday Sportbike Night-7pm Show-Me's St. Charles

Hey everyone I snapped a couple pics while I was there. I met a couple people including Justin from StarRotors.com. He had some HID kits for $99 and some other nice gear. I was there until about 8:30.

post-9420-1239936959_thumb.jpg

post-9420-1239937060_thumb.jpg

DaytonaPete - I don't think we've met face-to-face. Sorry to not have met you there. I know you were there when I was there cause your picture has my bike in it. I was the giant guy wearing the STLAR hoody.

Curtiss... What time did you get there? We left around 8:30. Sorry to have missed you there.

DaytonaPete - I don't think we've met face-to-face. Sorry to not have met you there. I know you were there when I was there cause your picture has my bike in it. I was the giant guy wearing the STLAR hoody.

Curtiss... What time did you get there? We left around 8:30. Sorry to have missed you there.

Galen,

I arrived at 8 or shortly before. I was sitting in the deck area and saw you walk out so I went around and didn't see you, went back in and then saw you talking to Jona, walked out again to see you rolling away.

For a first week event I would say we had an excellent turnout, and we can only expect it to get larger as more people hear about it, and warmer nights approach. We are engaging more sponsors, which means even more BIG giveaways! Being it was our first night the staff did not know what to expect, but I will ensure you that they will be more prepared for the large crowd next week. Also I know the parking was an issue, but the parking lot should be finished getting repaved next week, and bike parking will be blocked off. If there are any other concerns or questions please post them up.

Galen,

I arrived at 8 or shortly before. I was sitting in the deck area and saw you walk out so I went around and didn't see you, went back in and then saw you talking to Jona, walked out again to see you rolling away.

Galen & Curtis,

Lets try to find each other this Thursday. I didn't see the STLAR hoodie though :( . I was wearing a black leather Alpine Stars jacket and jeans. I don't know who Jona is but I was talking to a few people last night and their names escape me right now. There were a lot of sweet looking bikes there lat night though. There were a bunch of guys that all came in together. When I left I took the long way home... down 94/Page west to Ofallon.

It was a blast.I met new people and ran into some old familiar faces.

Here are few pics from the event and ride...

post-9381-1239982508_thumb.jpg

post-9381-1239982531_thumb.jpg

post-9381-1239982558_thumb.jpg

post-9381-1239982608_thumb.jpg

post-9381-1239982630_thumb.jpg

Galen & Curtis,

Lets try to find each other this Thursday. I didn't see the STLAR hoodie though :( . I was wearing a black leather Alpine Stars jacket and jeans. I don't know who Jona is but I was talking to a few people last night and their names escape me right now. There were a lot of sweet looking bikes there lat night though. There were a bunch of guys that all came in together. When I left I took the long way home... down 94/Page west to Ofallon.

Hey Pete, I'd love to but I return for CO tomorrow. I'm sure with the great turnout that this event will be happening for some time and that you'll run into plenty of other STLAR members there as things continue to warm.

So is everybody headed here tonight? I want to get out for a while today since I'm feeling better! So far looks like the rain will be south and east from us.

So is everybody headed here tonight? I want to get out for a while today since I'm feeling better! So far looks like the rain will be south and east from us.

I'm packing to go out of town... so probably won't be there tonight.

I'm in Dallas until next Tuesday so I'm out !! :BangHead:

Was going to go, but decided tonight that i'm going to trade in my car for something used and cheap. It takes a lot of money to keep a porsche going and with her averaging a complete break down every 6-8 months i just can't justify using her as a daily driver anymore. :crybaby2: So tonight has been spent taking everything out that i had put into her, wheels, sound system, nitrous and a whole lot of trash. lol Here is my website dedicated to her: Visit My Website Now its time to go drown my sorrows!

Nice scenery with the waitresses but I won't be back..There for an hour and waited half the time to get a drink. On nights like tonight would rather be in the parking lot but no curb service there..

So I will be headed to CAB on Thursdays least know I can get something to drink within 5 minutes of getting there.

Lot of bikes there though, good job whoever put it together.

Was going to go, but decided tonight that i'm going to trade in my car for something used and cheap. It takes a lot of money to keep a porsche going and with her averaging a complete break down every 6-8 months i just can't justify using her as a daily driver anymore. :crybaby2: So tonight has been spent taking everything out that i had put into her, wheels, sound system, nitrous and a whole lot of trash. lol Here is my website dedicated to her: Visit My Website Now its time to go drown my sorrows!

Sorry your Porsche had to be sold Kirk. I'm impressed with all the work you did. No matter the outcome you still had fun and got to drag race your car. There aren't a lot of people who get that experience.

:smilecool:

Guess I will try this again, if don't get a drink within 15 minutes head down to Hooters.

Yeah!... what Bob said...

Maybe it's "old man" syndrome but I just wasn't enjoying myself there. I miss the laid back more relaxed atmosphere. Some of us went up to Hooters for some foods. I went back to Show Me's for a few minutes and the "one up-manship" on the parking lot after the prize drawing during departure was not enjoyable to watch.

The stunt guy was very talented but in a small crowded parking lot... well... not cool. Hitting a tour bus... really not cool! I think it's maybe not long before the Hotel next door calls out the mounties anyway. I don't want to be there for that... So I think I'll will Bike Night Wednesday's at Kirkwood Sonic and then just reserve a couple hours on Thursday evening for riding around somewhere.

Goodbye ChuckaBurger... it was nice while it lasted. Time to move on...

(St. Charles ChuckaBurger's last day to be open is Sunday May 17th)

Well, let me know where y'all end up as I'll be free on Thursdays over the summer...

DrJ

I would like to start this post by saying BikeNightSTL.com, did not set up the stunt show last night at Show-Me's! That was organized through a Show-Mes manager and the stunter himself. We do not condone the activities which were displayed last night under those circumstances.

I would like to also state that we are here to listen to what you want in a bike night. Many people asked for quicker serving times, and Show-Me's added staff. Some asked for larger bike parking, and we have been able to block off more and more of the lot each week. You asked for outdoor & curb service, that is being added in the coming weeks. There will be a parking lot server offereing drinks and we are even working on getting a small menu added. We also expressed our concerns last night, and if the stunter does continue to do shows it will be in a controlled environment. I encorage everyone to come out and have a good time. People want different things in a bike night, and we are trying to touch all bases. I would like any coments, questions, and concerns to be posted up so we can address any issues quickly.

I would like to start this post by saying BikeNightSTL.com, did not set up the stunt show last night at Show-Me's! That was organized through a Show-Mes manager and the stunter himself. We do not condone the activities which were displayed last night under those circumstances.

I would like to also state that we are here to listen to what you want in a bike night. Many people asked for quicker serving times, and Show-Me's added staff. Some asked for larger bike parking, and we have been able to block off more and more of the lot each week. You asked for outdoor & curb service, that is being added in the coming weeks. There will be a parking lot server offereing drinks and we are even working on getting a small menu added. We also expressed our concerns last night, and if the stunter does continue to do shows it will be in a controlled environment. I encorage everyone to come out and have a good time. People want different things in a bike night, and we are trying to touch all bases. I would like any coments, questions, and concerns to be posted up so we can address any issues quickly.

Well said Justin and thanks for setting the record straight. You are very right that different people want different things. I have no doubt that you will continue to draw a large crowd of bikes and well you should because you are hosting a great event each week and it is getting better each week. I like to watch stunters in their environment. I just wasn't comfortable with last night's exhibition with the main path of the stunt bike being the front door where people were walking in and out. (Why the bus pulled up there... well... I'll never understand that.) As you said, that wasn't BNSTL's decision... IMHO the management of SHOW' ME's should stick to what they know, food service, and leave the motorcycle parts to the bike experts BNSTL. I'm sure I will still stop by from time to time and I didn't really mean to dis your event... I'm just one person who'll probably do something else on Thursdays. I seriously wish you the best of luck with this event each week and hope you'll continue to post it here.

Justin,

Does BikeNightSTL.com host any of the bike nights on the IL side? Showmes in Fairview Heights has one on Wednesdays and Hooters on Fridays, but they don't advertise like you have been on the forums. Just curious if you all had any others on the IL that has a good turnout like St. Charles Showmes.

I was there last night, first one, and it was nice to see the turnout. I have to agree with the whole stunter thing. Send one seem them all IMO, but to each their own. All in all it was a good experience, just a hump to get there for me and people.