BearCat

New Rider from South County

Hey what’s up everyone! My name is John, I live in South County and I work in Creve Coeur doing Sales and Marketing. I enjoy what I do but I have done everything up to this point in my life to be able to own my first bike and I just bought it 3 months ago. I would consider myself a good rider with the majority of my riding in the past 8 weeks. I would really like to meet up with some more exp riders and learn from them. Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it to the meeting tomorrow 4-21, but I look forward to making it to the next one and any other rides in between I can make. Feel free to give me a call, I usually ride after 5 on weekdays and a lot on the weekends….I like to go fast and ride um hard! :headbang:

Welcome John

If I read your post correctly... does it say that you been riding for 3 months? Congratulations

I like to hear that you want to learn more. I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions here that will greatly improve your riding, I know I did... It's good to ride a lot and to talk a lot too. There is some reading I did that I found helpful that helped me with the lingo around here. These are available at your St. Louis County Library if you don't want to buy them.

Total Control: High Performance Street Riding .................... Lee Parks

Sport Riding Techniques ............................................... Nick Ienatsch

A Twist of the Wrist: The Motorcycle Road Racer's Handbook ... Keith Code

Hope to see you out on a ride soon.

welcome-banner2.jpg

:welcomesign: There are a few of southerners on here.

I hope you are kidding about ride fast and hard. You only have 90 days riding experience which means you probably don't ride as well as you think. You should ride to have fun and not kill yourself. Welcome anyhow

Welcome to STLAR John :thumbsup:

I also remember the first time I got shot out of a cannon :D

welcome John.

like Randy said and others probably will, take your time to learn about your bike, proper riding habits and GEAR. at the risk of sounding like we're preaching to you, we have seen many new riders make mistakes thinking their skill level is higher than it really is. unfortunately, the penalty for failure is high in this sport.

I highly recommend taking a riding course early on as it will certainly help speed up your progression

.I like to go fast and ride um hard!

Yeah, me too....ride um hard into the ditch :BangHead: We are not a race school, certified safety instructors or EMT's but your welcome to ride with us if you willing to LISTEN and LEARN and ride your own pace! :sign:

Hey what’s up everyone! My name is John, I live in South County and I work in Creve Coeur doing Sales and Marketing. I enjoy what I do but I have done everything up to this point in my life to be able to own my first bike and I just bought it 3 months ago. I would consider myself a good rider with the majority of my riding in the past 8 weeks. I would really like to meet up with some more exp riders and learn from them. Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it to the meeting tomorrow 4-21, but I look forward to making it to the next one and any other rides in between I can make. Feel free to give me a call, I usually ride after 5 on weekdays and a lot on the weekends….I like to go fast and ride um hard! :headbang:

All I can say is I agree with Randy and Kev, no matter how good a person is on a bike there is no subsitution for QUALITY seat time. Granted some people pick it up faster than others, but all get better with miles under their belt.

On a positive note your excitement is refreshing and I hope to see you around.

I cant belive no one has ask, what kind of bike do you have and weres the pics? OH and :welcomesign:

Why didn't we ask... cause we are all nosy bastids, clicked on his profile and learned that he has a GSXR600 and there is a tiny little picture of it there in all it's blueness... :whistling:

Bearcat -

Please understand that no-one here means any disrespect to you at all. (well most of us anyways, lol) The simple fact of the matter is, your a newbie, although you may be an ok rider for only 90 days...your probably not a great rider, only time and experience will gain you that.... If you really want to "go fast and ride um hard!", START by taking it slow and easy.

listen, absorb, watch, learn, practice, practice, practice, demonstrate, and practice some more.... and take what comments people may throw at you with a grain of salt.

Many of these guys on this board, some have already posted in reply to you, have A SHIT TON of riding experience, albeit street, racing, dirt, crashing, etc. etc. etc.

just be aware, some SQUIDLY comments may get you harrassed. (go fast and ride um hard!) = squidly comment

enough preaching from me, Welcome to STLAR. I hope you meet many aquaintences and/or friends here, and most of all, ENJOY your experience on the board and our group rides/events.

I have crashed many of times :BangHead: Some my fault some were the fault of others.....and a few animals. Just come to have fun and you will figure out where you fit in quickly.

Bearcat -

Please understand that no-one here means any disrespect to you at all. (well most of us anyways, lol) The simple fact of the matter is, your a newbie, although you may be an ok rider for only 90 days...your probably not a great rider, only time and experience will gain you that.... If you really want to "go fast and ride um hard!", START by taking it slow and easy.

listen, absorb, watch, learn, practice, practice, practice, demonstrate, and practice some more.... and take what comments people may throw at you with a grain of salt.

Many of these guys on this board, some have already posted in reply to you, have A SHIT TON of riding experience, albeit street, racing, dirt, crashing, etc. etc. etc.

just be aware, some SQUIDLY comments may get you harrassed. (go fast and ride um hard!) = squidly comment

enough preaching from me, Welcome to STLAR. I hope you meet many aquaintences and/or friends here, and most of all, ENJOY your experience on the board and our group rides/events.

Well said Tim :handclap: seriously ...................now, suck it!! :4t0uiu:

Well said Tim :handclap: seriously ...................now, suck it!! :4t0uiu:

:thefinger_red:

I have my moments.... But I will NOT suck it, unless "it" pertains to some nice :boobies4:

im new also... if your interested a few people are meeting in kirkwood at sonic around 6 on wednesday ill be there! some out and say hello! last week was fun.

Welcome to a great group of folks and riders. Please don't be put off or discouraged by our comments; we're just being protective of you as well as want to help you become a more skilled rider down the road...

DrJ

Welcome! I'm the last to beat a dead horse. :beatdeadhorse: But take your time and concentrate on riding "well" versus riding "Fast and hard." I'm sure you'll pick up speed along the way. Having the potential to go fast at all times is kinda like having a cannon in your front yard. There is a time and a place. Just make sure its the right time to use it. Like when the Jehovah Witness people come banging on my door Saturday morning. :gun:

I think we've successfully scared him away...... :lol: Haven't seen him post up here or anywhere else for the matter

Welcome....to the board. Looks like everyone sure scared him....Heck you all scared me too.....Mentally and maybe physically hehehehe

Lighten up people… :mod_smilie_jerkit: Nobody scared me away, I just don’t want to reply to each and every one of you who thought I was a crazy person for writing that on my introduction – (ride fast and hard) – I like how people say “take what some write with a grain of salt”….it sounds like some of you need to take that advice. I didn’t mean to leave the impression that I’m a crazy son of a bitch, I understand that there is a time and a place to go fast, stunt, ect...I just like to ride my motorcycle the way it was meant to be ridden. Anyway I still hope to meet all of you at the next meeting and get to go on some group rides soon.

post-9431-1240940250_thumb.jpg

Lighten up people… :mod_smilie_jerkit: Nobody scared me away, I just don’t want to reply to each and every one of you who thought I was a crazy person for writing that on my introduction – (ride fast and hard) – I like how people say “take what some write with a grain of salt”….it sounds like some of you need to take that advice. I didn’t mean to leave the impression that I’m a crazy son of a bitch, I understand that there is a time and a place to go fast, stunt, ect...I just like to ride my motorcycle the way it was meant to be ridden. Anyway I still hope to meet all of you at the next meeting and get to go on some group rides soon.

:handclap::thumbsup: I hope to see you around

Good to see you post up John. You will have good times with this group IF you ride ypur own ride