What do you say we have or start an annual Picnic/BBQ where we could throw some burgers on a pit or wieners or whatever dead animal that is edible for RR.

My point like a Sunday midday a time were people who are doing church could go and still come or go to picnic and then go to church. I mean like renting/reserving a park picnic area (if that exist here) and have a get together. I am thinking next month, August mid month or so before the kiddos go to school.. make it family and child and pet friendly.

Lets do this once a year, can find a nice central park and do this. What you all think.

What made me think of this was my Colorado peeps invited me to the annual one we done back there we always had a blast would wear name tag to learn who was who etc was always a good time for me.

Anyway any one in? What we did was chip in food and get a free park and pay a small fee to reserve it one it was paid then from there we would just work out a way of paying back who paid it always worked out and we done it every year.

The last two years we had parks we went to that we didn't pay for nothing but entry to the park. But something to consider talking about at the next meeting I am hoping I will make, I did put in for PTO on the first Tue of Aug (5th).

Thoughts initially?

• Upvote 3

I think it's a great idea. I don't like our summer weather here and unexpected thunderstorms, so a covered area would be good. I have a favorite spot to get away from stress at Creve Couer Park and it's covered and has one or two grills. But any park that works for everyone...

• Upvote 2

We used to have one every year since I got here so I would show up if others get it going - I like cooking dead animals.

• Upvote 1

Last year is the first year we didn't have one since I've been here (which hasn't been long). The times we did have one I froze my ass off though. :)

• Upvote 2

Last year is the first year we didn't have one since I've been here (which hasn't been long). The times we did have one I froze my ass off though. :)

That would make sense then why I knew nothing of this been here just under a year.

That would make sense then why I knew nothing of this been here just under a year.

It's the kind of event (not quite the same as a monthly meeting) that anyone can get the ball rolling on so you can count on my support if you try to rally the troops!

It's not as easy as I would like however especially on the semi- retired old school side of things!

• Upvote 1

In August? LOL. We should shoot for a summer weekend.

• Upvote 2

For a few years we met at the same spot at Queeny park, but we have also held them at a park in Illinois (the fun segway and pocketbike one and with a massive amount of spiked fruit punch Dom and Erin provided!), the park down Hwy 94 not too far from Dutzow (I think?). It seems we usually did it later in the year (Sept/Oct?) and hence why too cold a couple of times.

Queeny park is nice because it is fairly central, has BBQ grills, a playground close to our area where the kids can play (and restrooms by the playground). They also allow dogs on leash.

• Upvote 2

Ok will look about and see what I find. Can try shooting for next month then so it will be nice not cold. I am good with whatever.

• Upvote 1

They also allow dogs on leash.

Galen can come! :)

• Upvote 4

Galen can come! :)

Lol spite coffee lol'ing at this...

At the last meeting we were throwing around early September dates, not sure if it would be that much cooler, but just another thought.

At the last meeting we were throwing around early September dates, not sure if it would be that much cooler, but just another thought.

It looks like my PTO was approved for the first Tue in Aug 5th so if this is the day of the next meet will have options at that point from my perspective and findings

We used to have one every year since I got here so I would show up if others get it going - I like cooking dead animals.

I remember those. Last one I went to Dr J brought out his segway lol that thing is awesome. Used to be at Klondike park on 94. I armwrestled 02magna out there aka Mike Nuelle. I'm up for it whenever

• Upvote 3

BBQ_zps37d036cd.jpg

What he doingz, meditatin'?

What he doingz, meditatin'?

Yep! I think just the smell of food.. Big Mike like eat food then :)

• Upvote 3

We totally got to get this rollin' am going around tomarrow looking at some places when i get my GPS wired up again.

• Upvote 2

The BBQs I went to were at Klondike Park on Hwy 94, south/west of Defiance.

• Upvote 1

Where I went today was: Queen Anne Park, Little Woods Park and Howdershell Park Cant say I was impressed by any of the "Park" part but Howdershell park had better parking but the picnic park was well way far away, Queen ann seemed to be the best all around and Little Woods well was basically a kids slide about it did not even see parking..

Where I went today was: Queen Anne Park, Little Woods Park and Howdershell Park Cant say I was impressed by any of the "Park" part but Howdershell park had better parking but the picnic park was well way far away, Queen ann seemed to be the best all around and Little Woods well was basically a kids slide about it did not even see parking..

Thanks for helping out - are you gona keep looking?

Thanks for helping out - are you gona keep looking?

For sure would have kept looking but it was sprinkling rain and traffic was getting silly for some strange reason so headed home for the day will look at other tomarrow.

Did you check out Creve Couer Park. The entrance to that area is a little bit down Marine on the left side. Parking is right there and there's a view of the lake

• Upvote 1

Did you check out Creve Couer Park. The entrance to that area is a little bit down Marine on the left side. Parking is right there and there's a view of the lake

Didn't but will, sound nice.