Road_Runner

How

Colorado is always great as long as you stay out of the big cities and interstates.

• Upvote 1

OK so the trip was amazing!!! 1100 miles of mountains and dirt roads and some crazy drop offs. I will load my pictures up to dropbox and everyone can look at them.. I am not sure how to compress them since most of them are 4-5 Megs. Weather was perfect and only had 1/2 day of rain the whole time...

OK so the trip was amazing!!! 1100 miles of mountains and dirt roads and some crazy drop offs. I will load my pictures up to dropbox and everyone can look at them.. I am not sure how to compress them since most of them are 4-5 Megs. Weather was perfect and only had 1/2 day of rain the whole time...

Sounds like an Awesome adventure : who did you go with again?

If your pictures are public on your facebook can't you just post a link? I can see MCRA's pictures even though I don't have a facespace account.

Colorado is always great as long as you stay out of the big cities and interstates.

Western Colorado... Eastern Colorado is really just West Kansas...which sucks and blows (the wind). And, it's flat. Boring.

Western Colorado... Eastern Colorado is really just West Kansas...which sucks and blows (the wind). And, it's flat. Boring.

Zzactly, I had it good in Denver. In the Foot hills so the snow would melt fast equally nearly year round riding. In the Summer up in the mountains you can ride and not be hot. Why did I come here... oh yeah job transfer ugg... at least people here know how to ride and where to ride.

You know I was in Washington State (Blaine) for a while and it was similar except interwebz were not as keen to meeting people, was a lot harder you would run into people and just start riding and or just ride solo.

Been digging the photos you have been posting on FB. Seriously love that part of the country.

• Upvote 1

Been digging the photos you have been posting on FB. Seriously love that part of the country.

I've never been to that area... we need to set up a week trip out there. May be just haul them back and forth and ride there.

• Upvote 1

Kansas/ Western part of MO part of that trip is a serious drag.

Kansas/ Western part of MO part of that trip is a serious drag.

That's what trucks / trailers are for :) Besides, I wouldn't want to waste tires on flat straight roads.

If we set it up, I'm sure anyone without a trailer that wants to come can be accommodated by the ones that have trailers.

• Upvote 1

Trailer? Trailer? What is this you speak of? Isn't that what broken bikes go on? :)

• Upvote 3

Trailer? Trailer? What is this you speak of? Isn't that what broken bikes go on? :)

LOL... It is but it's also a way for us non-hardy bunch to avoid the boring sections.

I've never been to that area... we need to set up a week trip out there. May be just haul them back and forth and ride there.

Something that has been talked about for years, just haven't pulled the trigger on it. If we did, maybe plan a year in advance? If it is going to be a week long trip.

I know my schedule a year (or two) in advance, so yes, we can start scheduling, and once its on everyone's calendar, it's on there. May be something to discuss at the next meeting.

We do need people with knowledge of the good roads. I'm sure Aphrodite can help and may be Fastford from his recent trip (get out of the dirt and come for a street ride). I know Crash has been out there but only dirt riding I think.

Dozer Dave and I have been wanting to take our street bikes out there for a few years now. Been out there 4 or 5 times with the dirt bikes. Would actually like to go to a couple of the same destinations we go to on the dirt bikes. I think we could probably get our street bikes up to Alpine tunnel for example although it's far from paved. :)

• Upvote 1

I know scar has been out there too.

One more knowledgeable source and possibly ride leader for a portion of it.

Dozer Dave and I have been wanting to take our street bikes out there for a few years now. Been out there 4 or 5 times with the dirt bikes. Would actually like to go to a couple of the same destinations we go to on the dirt bikes. I think we could probably get our street bikes up to Alpine tunnel for example although it's far from paved. :)

Cool... Not sure about the whole 'far from paved' thing buddy :)