Tire shopping.  Sorry to beat a dead horse, been researching best I can.  Any suggestions for a liter bike? See quite a few mix n match with s21s in front and T30s in the rear.  Anyone with a similar setup I'm all ears.  Thanks!

I don't mix. I run Pirelli Supercorsa SP and will be changing to Battlax RS10s after I finish the tires I have now.

I think I have an s21 on the rear and a q3 on the front of bgd1 right now. Rode it all weekend at Putnam last weekend with no issues. I'm to the point I will grab anything out of the pile and throw on and not think twice.

I mixed once. Ran a Pilot Power 2CT front tire and a Pilot Road 3 rear tire. It worked fine, I had no complaints.

Some tires have different profiles, and don't mix well. 

I'm about to try the Metzeler M7RR. I have them in the garage, just gotta mount them up. Metzeler is having a rebate right now, $40 off, so it comes to $200 for a set. They should last as long as a Q3/S21, but are a little better suited for the roads we ride in my opinion.

I also think Metzeler, Pirelli, Bridgestone, and Dunlop all have a rebate going on til april 30th.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, crash said:

I'm to the point I will grab anything out of the pile and throw on and not think twice.

Damn... this describes my wardrobe habits. :D

• Upvote 4

Just now, Morbo said:

Damn... this describes my wardrobe habits. :D

I wondered why you showed up to the meet spot in a bra and panties!

• Upvote 4

IMHO you can't go wrong with any of the new tires that are available these days.

I personally love my Bridgestones. I'm currently running a a S21 front with a T30 EVO on the rear on my zx10r

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, mangosmoothie said:

I mixed once. Ran a Pilot Power 2CT front tire and a Pilot Road 3 rear tire. It worked fine, I had no complaints.

Some tires have different profiles, and don't mix well. 

I'm about to try the Metzeler M7RR. I have them in the garage, just gotta mount them up. Metzeler is having a rebate right now, $40 off, so it comes to $200 for a set. They should last as long as a Q3/S21, but are a little better suited for the roads we ride in my opinion.

I also think Metzeler, Pirelli, Bridgestone, and Dunlop all have a rebate going on til april 30th.

Wow!!! thanks for the reminder about the Metzeler rebate... I'm sitting here with a receipt on my desk for tires for the ST and forgot about the rebate...

3 hours ago, crash said:

I wondered why you showed up to the meet spot in a bra and panties!

Oh no, that was just for me. I was rocking the lace.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, CBR1000BK said:

Good stuff! 

Threads are taking the oddest "turns" these days.

Ended up getting a set of Q3s with the rebate going on.  

• Upvote 3

Went with 55 in the rear vs 50 as OEM recommends.  Interested to see how it feels.  I'll know tomorrow if I can shake free from work early :D  Scrubbing debate?  

• Upvote 2

I always scrub in my back tire before my front. Scrubbing them both in at the same time is dangerous.

22 hours ago, CBR1000BK said:

Went with 55 in the rear vs 50 as OEM recommends.  Interested to see how it feels.  I'll know tomorrow if I can shake free from work early :D  Scrubbing debate?  

Keep in mind that the change in profile will throw off you Speedometer a little.

Why the different profile?

7 hours ago, GSXR55 said:

Why the different profile?

Combined with a change in the height of the front by moving the forks, it gives you better turn in usually. 

Healtech has a nice calculator which should show you the difference of change tires and or sprockets.  

https://www.healtech-electronics.com/ht_sh_online_calculator_en.html

I also found this one for just tires.

http://www.tyresizecalculator.com/tyre-wheel-calculators/speedo-error-calculator

• Upvote 1

I'm currently running Q3's. They offer amazing grip and are very sticky in the twisties. Bought them at 4WO|Truck parts &Motorcycle last March. The downside to the traction and handling is that they seem to wear a bit fast. Overall, I'm very pleased with them. I would recommend them

On 8/16/2017 at 9:21 PM, arlone74 said:

I'm currently running Q3's. They offer amazing grip and are very sticky in the twisties. Bought them at 4WO|Truck parts &Motorcycle last March. The downside to the traction and handling is that they seem to wear a bit fast. Overall, I'm very pleased with them. I would recommend them

I have them on 2 of my bikes and really like them.

the new Q3 plus are supposed to be a little better for street wear. 

They had a recall on the Q3+ fronts. I assume you wouldn't be able to buy any that were recalled at this point though.

I figured I would ressurect this thread. My tires are old and I'm making an attempt to blame them for my poor riding and resulting bike damage. I am a bit torn. I notice a lot of track guys are running the supercorsas. I feel like the rosso corsas might be a better choice for someone as slow as I am, but I just don't have any real world experience with riding different tires at the limit on the same bike. I currently run PP3 and would like something a little more track oriented. I'm not sold on pirelli. I just haven't really looked at hypersport tires and I'm not real familiar so I am looking for some knowledge.