Does anyone have experience with their helmets?

I put one on while I was in England (the S2) but I am looking at possibly getting the SR2. It is a sub 3lb helmet (compared to Arai 3.55 and Shoei 3.62). 

They also have a history of being the quietest helmets.

I just want to know if these claims hold true in the real world and make enough of a difference for the price.

44 minutes ago, ZRX4ME said:

Thanks Terry. I've already looked there and I already watched their video as well as read their reviews. I just wanted to know if someone I knew personally had experience with them.

I'm sure people in MSTA or Gateway BMW Riders have personal experience with Schubert.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Speed said:

Thanks Terry. I've already looked there and I already watched their video as well as read their reviews. I just wanted to know if someone I knew personally had experience with them.

I was wanting to get one last year but I could not afford it. Everything I read is they are the quietest helment. That was the same reason I wanted one. If you buy one, then I can give you feedback from someone I know. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Dozer Dave said:

I was wanting to get one last year but I could not afford it. Everything I read is they are the quietest helment. That was the same reason I wanted one. If you buy one, then I can give you feedback from someone I know. 

Smarty pants :)

Okay... I may have to be the guinea pig.

Do you have a model preference you want me to test for you? :lol:

I think I'm set on the SR2.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Speed said:

Smarty pants :)

Okay... I may have to be the guinea pig.

Do you have a model preference you want me to test for you? :lol:

I think I'm set on the SR2.

I don't remember the model but I do remember some fit different by you head shape. Also Moto europa has them in stock.

• Upvote 2

I tried one on at a Moto Europa bike nite, the actual vendor was there, was going to buy, but haven't got around to it yet.

9 hours ago, stiffneck said:

I tried one on at a Moto Europa bike nite, the actual vendor was there, was going to buy, but haven't got around to it yet.

Thanks Chris. Did it feel as light as claimed?

5 hours ago, Speed said:

Thanks Chris. Did it feel as light as claimed?

Yes and quiet too. I should buy one. Just too lazy and forgetful to get the job done ? If it "ain't" broke, don't fix it ?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, stiffneck said:

Yes and quiet too. I should buy one. Just too lazy and forgetful to get the job done ? If it "ain't" broke, don't fix it ?

Same situation here... the helmet I have here is relatively new but I hate the noise and the visor gets scratched easily. I already replaced it once and I never had to on my Shoei. I can't use the Shoei because I crashed in it a few times but I like the quality.

• Upvote 1

On 6/1/2017 at 6:57 PM, whatarush said:

If you're looking for a light helmet have you looked at the Nexx XR1R http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/nexx-xr1r-carbon/ or the Shark RSX http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/shark-rsx/

Thanks Dave. I will look at those options. I started reading the review of the Nexx and I don't know if it is as quiet because they don't really touch on that.

Have a Nexx XR1R carbon helmet. The padding inside is great, making it really comfortable. The ventilation is ok.

• Like 1

I personally like my Bell Star Carbon at least as much as my Shoei X-11.

• Like 1