DemonDuck

S1000RR color adjustment

Not sure if this really belongs here but I am going to change the color of all my white parts.  The paint has been peeling for a while and I decided if I am going to paint it I will go with something new.  I am thinking a satin black, carbon fiber, or something of the sort.  What do yall think?  Fist picture is original.  To the right of that is a satin black then both bot are carbon.

First.thumb.jpg.628fe190726c82fecc18e879bfb4094f.jpg5ac23ce925861_SapphireBlackBMW.thumb.jpg.bf290df48fb62aa918c3c660c5a11878.jpgimage0000001_1.jpg.7334221af12ba0a1007d6990d73c75e0.jpg5ac23d323f930_CarbonS1k.jpg.b3191c9d618333528deb605aac91912e.jpg

I like the all black option. I've seen a couple of them round here.. they look good.

blackbmr.jpg

• Upvote 1

I'm partial to the satin/matte finishes myself. 

• Like 1

I like the carbon fiber look if it's done well but I'm with Jason on the matte look.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Morbo said:

I'm partial to the satin/matte finishes myself. 

I never thought of doing matte... that would be cool...

• Like 1

I plan to only do the white parts though.  I am thinking that a satin/matte finish would be nice.  If I went carbon it would probably be a wrap or hydro dip.  Either way I go I might slowly replace those parts with real CF parts but im not sure about that yet either.

I've never been a fan of hydrodipping/wrapping things that aren't carbon fiber to look like carbon fiber. 

I'd paint it red to match the existing red, or gloss black. Being the front of the bike, I think it would be hard to care for trying to get all the bugs off without scratching the paint. I think the satin would look fine though. 

I wouldn't do the wrap or hydro dip without the intention of having the real CF on the bike before to long.  Just would allow me to take the big hits little at a time and that would make it easier to get past SWMBO.

I went with the Satan Black.  I will post pictures when its nice enough to take some..... might be from Texas the way the weather is around here.

5 minutes ago, DemonDuck said:

I went with the Satan Black.  I will post pictures when its nice enough to take some..... might be from Texas the way the weather is around here.

Satin or Satan?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GSXR55 said:

Satin or Satan?

Yea about that..... Satin.  Sry